H.I.G. Capital Notizie
10 Grosvenor Street
London W1K 4QB
P +44 (0) 207 318 5700
F +44 (0) 207 318 5749
H.I.G. Capital Acquires Hotel in Basel, Switzerland
LONDON – August 4, 2021 – H.I.G. Capital, LLC ("H.I.G."), a leading global alternative investment firm with $45 billion of equity capital under management, announced today that an affiliate has acquired a 238-room hotel property previously housing the Swissôtel Basel. The property will undergo a major renovation program and a rebranding.
Riccardo Dallolio, Managing Director and Head of H.I.G. Europe Realty in London, commented: “This is our first transaction in Switzerland and it demonstrates our ability to source high-quality value-add opportunities in core European markets. After the implementation of a major renovation program and the re-branding of the hotel, we believe this asset will be in a strong position to capture the recovery in leisure, events and corporate sectors”.
Baptiste Boye-Møller, Principal at H.I.G. Europe Realty, added: “This investment is yet another example of our commitment to the European Hotel & Leisure market. H.I.G. is aggregating a sizable portfolio of hotel assets in the DACH and Scandinavian regions, which benefit from attractive fundamentals, supported by a strong local demand-base”.
About H.I.G. Capital
H.I.G. is a leading global private equity and alternative assets investment firm with $45 billion of equity capital under management.* Based in Miami, and with offices in New York, Boston, Chicago, Dallas, Los Angeles, San Francisco, and Atlanta in the U.S., as well as international affiliate offices in London, Hamburg, Madrid, Milan, Paris, Rio de Janeiro, São Paulo and Bogotá, H.I.G. specializes in providing both debt and equity capital to small and mid-sized companies, utilizing a flexible and operationally focused/value-added approach:
- H.I.G.’s equity funds invest in management buyouts, recapitalizations and corporate carve-outs of both profitable as well as underperforming manufacturing and service businesses.
- H.I.G.’s debt funds invest in senior, unitranche and junior debt financing to companies across the size spectrum, both on a primary (direct origination) basis, as well as in the secondary markets. H.I.G. is also a leading CLO manager, through its WhiteHorse family of vehicles, and manages a publicly traded BDC, WhiteHorse Finance.
- H.I.G.’s real estate funds invest in value-added properties, which can benefit from improved asset management practices.
- H.I.G. Infrastructure focuses on making value-add and core plus investments in the infrastructure sector.
Since its founding in 1993, H.I.G. has invested in and managed more than 300 companies worldwide. The firm's current portfolio includes more than 100 companies with combined sales in excess of $30 billion. For more information, please refer to the H.I.G. website at www.higcapital.com.
* Based on total capital commitments managed by H.I.G. Capital and affiliates.